Welcome!

My name is Wei. I am working as a PhD researcher at Delft University of Technology in the Netherlands.

The aim of this blog is to create an information storage, to share my ongoing work, and to encourage discussions for Generation Y Interactions.

Now, let's start our interactions :-)

Friday, November 5, 2010

My Research Framework


The figure above shows my research framework, which distinguishes three major components: Generation Y (people), information technology (IT), and work context. On the intersections of these three components lie the interactions we try to understand. Literature research provided us with and overview of current knowledge, trends, and the state-of-the-art for each component, but also revealed that not much has been published on the intersections. Therefore, in a series of interviews at four companies, I tried to gain insights into the frictions at these intersections. In further studies we intend, mainly through prototyping and case studies, to fill in the gaps of understanding of these intersections, and ultimately to come to guidelines for supporting Generation Y interactions in office work situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment